Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sound Asleep and Driving

A few nights ago I had a dream that was so obviously a metaphor for my life that I don't know how seriously to take it. Is this what I think of my life or was this sent? Does God send dreams like this?

I dreamed that my son woke me up because he was terribly frightened and I realized I was driving totally sound asleep with the lights off at night. I managed to get my eyes open and head up long enough to turn on the lights and asked him (rather facetiously!) if that was better. I knew I had to WAKE UP again and stay awake but all I could do was lift my head again enough to see that the windshield was covered with streaked mud and I couldn't possibly see through it to drive. A line from a country song called "Jesus take the wheel" went through my mind (actually that is the line, not just the title, that's the line I thought). My son told me he was always afraid while I was driving. I managed to get to the side of the road and park the car, still sleeping while I did so, then I woke up for real.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, there is so much that could be read into that dream, but I love how you relate it to the great Carrie Underwood song, "Jesus Take the Wheel" which does include the line and so much more.
    I wonder if something is troubling you and that is why the dream?
    Maybe you need to let go and let God drive for the moment in your life?
    Just rambling, I do that often.

    ReplyDelete