Sunday, December 9, 2007

A Timely Reminder

On a forum i frequent, this was posted:

S: I feel like when it comes to being rewarded at the judgement, how we treat our neighbor will be the main focus, and not on how we kept the Sabbath, or fasted, or ate the right stuff or studied or prayed. I'm not saying that those things aren't important, but I believe it is more important to Yahweh and Yahshua that we actually do something constructive for our fellow man, rather than just live a blameless life before Yahweh.

-------------------
This is exactly what i've been meditating on, i even started writing to get this clear in my head. It feels like i've been thinking and writing all around it; now S has cleared all the muddled debris and i can walk right to the middle of it and go from there. As i sit here right now, i see that much of my life has been a human push for knowledge then the Father pulling me back and telling me where the knowledge REALLY comes from. And reminding me that He's already told me and shown me that i will get the knowledge i need on HIS timetable, not my own. He shows me too that much of the "knowledge" i keep going for is irrelevant and wasting my time. I can study and learn but i'm to remember my priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment