Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What Can My Friends Say?

Off and on, quite frequently, I think of what I'm giving my friends to say when I die. I think of the typical things said at funerals and wonder, "Can my friends say that about me? Am I leaving them with nothing obvious to say?"

People who are quick to help others, quick to share, those people are easy to mourn and eulogize. But what am I giving people to say about me? Am I making it difficult for them at a time when they will be sad enough already? The awful thing is that I wonder just why these people like me anyway and can't think of any particular reason.
Then I start wondering why I like THEM and what I would say? If I can't think of anything, I need to seriously think harder about how I can appreciate my friends and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment