Sunday, July 6, 2008

Worried about this

Something I've just done worries me a great deal. I quit my job.

This was not something I was told to do by God, was the job from Him in the first place? It seemed to be - it pays what I need, it was working from home so no gas worries, it requires no sabbath work. Everything I asked for, everything like an answer to prayer. But I can't stand the job. I hung on for a while because it felt like I'd be saying, "Thanks, but no thanks. Good try but it's just not for me." NOT something I want to say!

They didn't accept my quitting it seems, when tomorrow comes, I can sign in and see if I still have a job or check out a couple other possibilities. I actually found a job that was more physical which is what I wanted. But when I talked to them, they told me they decided they'd prefer me to do their customer service and computer work instead of "wasting me" on the physical part! The whole point of applying for that job was the physical aspect. Taking the job offered would be doing the same thing I'm doing now for a dollar and a half an hour less. True, the customer service I'd be doing would be more to my liking from what I know so far but still...

It would be nice sometimes to have our own personal instruction book, more specific than the Bible, one that says, "Harry, tomorrow at 9:00 a.m., go to the corner of 4th and Main. There will be someone waiting for you and you should say...". Know what I mean? I'm a very indecisive person. I live by principle but often wish I had more specific direction than that.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. Something like this...

    Matthew 21:2-3 (ESV)
    2 saying to them, "Go into the village in front of you, and immediately you will find a donkey tied, and a colt with her. Untie them and bring them to me.
    3 If anyone says anything to you, you shall say, 'The Lord needs them,' and he will send them at once."

    Of course, if God was always this specific with us we'd probably wish for more leeway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Tony, I bet you're right. We'd fuss and complain about being forced to be robots or something I suppose..

    ReplyDelete